Friday, January 21, 2011

Words, Words, Words

Gwena has been learning new words all the time now. I'm so proud of her, but it's also been frustrating, because sometimes she'll learn to understand or say a new word, and then will refuse to cooperate when I try to show someone else. Or else she'll completely stop responding to the word the way she was. Like with "nose" for instance. It was the first body part word she understood; we asked where her nose was, and she grabbed it every time! But then she learned "eyes" and got very confused... now she'll point to her eyes when you ask for her nose, or point to her nose and say "eyes".

I need to get some videos of her talking and otherwise being really cute, but the memory on my camera (aka my phone) is currently full, so I'll have to delete some stuff and/or move the picture and videos to my computer first.

These are the words she can currently say or at least try to say, in no particular order:

mama
dada
uh oh
up
hello "eeyo"
bye bye "bah bah"
eyes "eyesh"
ears "eesh"
toes "doe"
dog "dah"
cat "kya"
boom "bao" (when she falls down)
bellybutton "buh"
book "bah"

She also understands a lot of words that she doesn't try to say. I don't think I can list them all but here are a few:

kiss
clap
wave
sit
dance
twirl
arms up
milkies (aka mama's milk)
mouth
teeth
baby

I'm sure there are more... maybe I'll add more later if I think of any.

It is so fun to hear Gwena talking and see her understanding and responding to things I say!

1 comment: